Welcome to Point Meadows Dentistry in Jacksonville, FL
Your Destination for Exceptional Oral Hygiene Care
At Point Meadows Dentistry in Jacksonville, FL, we prioritize oral hygiene and offer a range of dental services to ensure your dental health is well taken care of. Led by our expert dentist, Dr. Hanna Mularkey, our dedicated team is committed to providing exceptional care and personalized treatment.
One common dental issue that may arise is the need for a filling. Here are several signs that indicate you might require a filling:
1. Tooth sensitivity: If you experience sensitivity or pain when consuming hot, cold, sweet, or sour foods and drinks, it could be a sign of a cavity or tooth decay. This sensitivity occurs because the protective layer of your tooth, the enamel, has been compromised.
2. Visible holes or pits: If you notice the presence of holes, pits, or dark spots on your teeth, it could be an indication of decay. These visual cues may be apparent to the naked eye or might require a professional dental examination to detect.
3. Pain or discomfort: Experiencing pain or discomfort when chewing, biting, or applying pressure to a tooth could signify the presence of a cavity or other dental issues. This discomfort occurs as a result of the decay reaching the sensitive inner layers of the tooth.
4. Bad breath: Persistent bad breath may be a sign of tooth decay or infection. Bacteria that thrive in the presence of decay can produce unpleasant odors, resulting in ongoing bad breath.
5. Discoloration: The presence of discoloration on your teeth, such as white, brown, or black spots, could be an indication of decay. These discolorations are often a result of the breakdown of tooth structure caused by bacterial activity.
If you experience any of these symptoms, it is crucial to schedule an appointment with our experienced dentists, Dr. Z or Dr. Mularkey, at Point Meadows Dentistry as soon as possible. Early intervention is key to preventing the decay from worsening and potentially leading to more serious dental problems.
We are committed to providing comprehensive dental care and will assess your condition to determine the most appropriate treatment, which may include fillings to restore the affected teeth. Don't delay seeking professional dental care. Contact Point Meadows Dentistry today to schedule your appointment with Dr. Mularkey and safeguard your dental health.